[asterisk-users] Base memory usage

Jeremy Kister asterisk-01 at jeremykister.com
Fri Dec 31 04:53:04 UTC 2010

On 12/30/2010 9:59 PM, Larry Wimble wrote:
> I just installed asterisk 1.8.1.1 along with FreePBX on a fairly small
> VPS (512mb standard, 512mb "burst").  I note that the asterisk process
> is using about 209mb of memory just doing nothing (not configured to do
> anything yet)

I'm running 1.8.1 rc1 + some patches (nothing to do with memory) and i'm
at 42MB resident (73 virt/8shared)

I've got just about everything turned on via menuselect, but then i have
a bunch of modules turned off via modules.conf

I doubt that's your issue, but if you're interested to see my
modules.conf, it's temporarily at http://jeremy.kister.net/tmp/modules.conf

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./