[asterisk-users] Base memory usage

Larry Wimble larry at geekmax.org
Fri Dec 31 02:59:01 UTC 2010

Asterisk gurus....

I just installed asterisk 1.8.1.1 along with FreePBX on a fairly small
VPS (512mb standard, 512mb "burst").  I note that the asterisk process
is using about 209mb of memory just doing nothing (not configured to do
anything yet)

In contrast to this, my 1.6.1.2 installation from a little over a year
ago uses only 40mb and it's fully configured and running with about 4
months of uptime (2 trunks, 4 channels, 3 DIDs, and 4 extensions.)

Any ideas on how I can get the memory consumption down on my new
installation, or is it time to "downgrade" to the older version?

Thanks,
Larry