[asterisk-users] Force different codecs on call base

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Thu Dec 30 09:10:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

what i want to do is to find a way how i can solve the following problem.

we want to offer our customers in the country side also isdn over voip
but we have to use internet connections from another company for this.
This company offers a QoS on this connections but only with 192kbit
bandwith and with the ATM headers a normal g711a call has exactly 103,5
kbit/s so we can only use 1 channel but for isdn we need 2 :(

my idea was if i can find a way that the first call of a peer has g711a
codec (like normally) and if a second call comes in, or has to be placed
for this peer i only offer g726 (40kbit) so i dont have a bandwith issue.

is there a possible way of doing this or would it be easier to use two
peers, one with g711a and one with g726 and just let both only use one
channel?

thanks for your help!

best regards
stefan