[asterisk-users] Panasonic KX-TGP500 w/Asterisk

Mike list at net-wall.com
Wed Dec 29 18:49:40 UTC 2010

I bought one (the variant without the desk phone) to see if it would be a
good product to sell my customers.  Overall it's a decent product, but a
firmware update would probably make it better (as of now it occasionally
needs a reboot to re-register with Asterisk).

But the price seems right, especially compared to the pricey non-DECT Aastra
or the Polycom complete solution (which seems ideal, but very expensive when
the deployment calls for just a few DECT phones).

I have a normal PSTN Panasonic DECT phone at home and some keys went bad
also.  Seems to be an overall Panasonic problem with their DECT phones.

Mike