[asterisk-users] anyone who has experience with chinese clone cards like zycoo, ctvon, chinaroby, etross, iit, realtone

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Dec 28 16:08:16 UTC 2010

>Can you specify what problems you had with the openvox cards i.e. related to your comment "other than a bad run of analog cards we experienced last year"

We had a large number of cards and FXS modules failing. Upon installation into a new box, the cards and modules would give errors such as these:

-Power alarm on module X, resetting!
-Timeout waiting for calibration of module X
-Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Calibrate Manually. (Try -DNO_CALIBRATION in Makefile)
-Module X: FAILED FXS (FCC)
-TDM PCI Master Abort

Other times, the card would simply not appear to be plugged into the system at all even though it was firmly seated into the PCI slot and had proper power. FXS modules would also die at times, no dialtone would be present, or it would be full of static, clicks, and pops.

As mentioned, this was for a duration of time, roughly 3 months in length where around 45% of the hardware either failed upon installation, or failed in the field shortly thereafter.

Since that time, newly delivered hardware has been working properly overall.

--Tim