[asterisk-users] OutCall for Outlook only shows Name from CLID and not Number - hence not pulling contact

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Tue Dec 28 09:01:45 UTC 2010

Am 28.12.10 07:26, schrieb Bruce B:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am using OutCall 1.6 (latest) with Asterisk 1.6 and Windows Vista. I can
> originate calls see the program login nicely but when a call comes in it
> only shows the Name portion of the CLID and not the number hence it pulls up
> a new contact on Outlook. The new contact only show name and last name and
> no CLID Number again. So, this repeats every-time I call even if I manually
> enter a number and save the contact or save it without a number.
>
> Seems to me that Outcall is not harvesting the CLID number as it should or
> maybe it's not passing it to outlook so that the old contact which already
> exists for that number to be pulled. I am wondering if anyone else has
> experienced this or if you guys think OutCall is really not reliable and I
> should look for an alternative.
>
> Please let me know if there is a solid alternative out there.
>
> Thanks
Hello,

I dont know outcall but i can show you an alternative which really works
nice for my needs.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/siptapi/

this small program use the windows TAPI interface and dials out via sip.
But it only works for outgoing calls in the freeware version. For
inbound you have to buy it.

best regards

Stefan

> --