[asterisk-users] Using SIP stack within Asterisk to reboot phones - Possible?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:30:37 UTC 2010

Thanks Kai-Uwe and everyone else. I have seen all those examples and I am
exploring the sip_notify.conf file now which makes things more clear to me.

However, when sending a SIP notify to a phone that is not registered to
Asterisk via it's IP address should I expect to receive a success of fail
packet back or that is not how SIP Notify works?

*sip notify aastra-check-cfg 192.168.0.5*
*Sending NOTIFY of type 'aastra-check-cfg' to '192.168.0.5'*
*
*
That is all I see and the phone is not restarted. There might be a few
things different about Aastra phones to get them accept SIP Notifies and I
would like to hear your experience about it and what features and notifies
are available to me as it pretains particulary to Aastra phones.

P.S. Are these SIP notifies anything different than simple HTTP get or XML
push and receive or do they require a sip stack or a program like Asterisk
and it's much more complicated than I think? I want to get a simple page
where some phone controls can be done without relying on a heavy program
like Asterisk but again if it get's too complicated I won't mind using
Asterisk for this purpose. Just want to know my options.

Thanks again,