[asterisk-users] cdr_mysql stopped working

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Thu Dec 23 16:24:37 UTC 2010

You can also enter into the CLI in order to see if you can spot any
error regarding cdr_mysql, or 'duplicated value for key...' after hangin
up a call.

There might be a corruption in the 'cdr' table (I've seen this
sometimes). You could try a 'repair table cdr' from the MySQL CLI.

Note: Sometimes, corrumptions in myISAM tables not always produce the
data to be unaccessible, but just make it impossible to insert new records.

David Backeberg wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:
>> I did an upgrade to the SVN trunk on the 12/9 and when I looked in my mysql
>> table for CDR's today there are no entries since the update.
>> I have rebuilt and re-installed and re-started asterisk still no CDR's
>> flowing to mysql. I did not change any configs. I checked to make sure that
>> the cdr_mysql option was selected under the make menu options. The module
>> shows it is there when I do a modules show. I don't get any errors saying it
>> can't write to the table.  My voicemail settings are pulling from the same
>> server.
>>
>> Any ideas on what I could try to fix this or how I could test to see what is
>> causing it?
>
> Rebooting is a good clue. You could check your firewall settings.
> Firewalls can stop mysql connections.
>
> Try manually connecting to the mysql server from the asterisk system
> and see what happens.
>
> --

Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eSlackware.com