[asterisk-users] * 1.8: cannot load g729 free codec (on 1.4 it worked!)

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 22 18:20:36 UTC 2010

2010/12/22 Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com>

> Giorgio
>
> You could buy just a couple of licenses 3 to 5. It would get rid of the
> messages for the most part and it would give you the ability to transcode
> for voicemails and other items requiring transcode.  The reason you are
> likely getting the messages is there is some kind of transcode required that
> it can't do and you are getting the warring. If you shut off all in the
> middle functions like recording, voicemail, and feature codes you may be
> able to get rid of them but you would also loose the functions.  You will
> likely waste more than the $30 to $50 dollars in time and you get the option
> to transcode to boot. Just my 2 cents.

Mayba I'm hijacking this thread, but what about virtual machines ?

At the moment, let say you're using an hardware platform on which you launch
virtual machines (one per project but only one at a time).

Would a single licence be usable on each virtual machine (same
(virtualized?) processor and mac addresses) ?