[asterisk-users] dahdi-channels.conf for Digium TDM2400

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 16:40:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Alex Saavedra <
alex at masterline-logistics.com> wrote:

> I have noticed thar our dahdi-channels.conf has some repeating directives,
> for instance for channel 2 (FXO) we have these settings:
>
> ;;; line="2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS"
> signalling=fxs_ks
> callerid=asreceived
> group=0
> context=from-pstn
> channel => 2
> callerid=
> group=
> context=default
>

> As you can see, a few directives are repeated (callerid, group, context).
> This was generated by DAHDI tools, and since it's working I didn't want to
> change it. Is it safe to remove them?

Short Answer: NO!!

Longer Answer: The settings all apply to channels, which are defined by the
"channel => 2" directive. If I'm remembering correctly, the channel is "set"
at the end of the Stanza, not at the beginning. So, your blank callerid and
group would apply to your next channel directive (3?). Now, I remember
reading there
is a way to flip the channel definition bit ("channel => XX") to the top of
the stanza, but can't recall. Now, if in between two channel definitions you
have repetition, it might be ok to trim things up, as long as it has the
right information -- the last setting is the effective one. And the bit that
starts ";;;" is a comment, which is
actually ignored by asterisk.

Hope this helps,
Gerald.