[asterisk-users] * 1.8: cannot load g729 free codec (on 1.4 it worked!)

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Dec 22 16:20:17 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Giorgio
Incantalupo
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:49 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] * 1.8: cannot load g729 free codec (on 1.4 it
worked!)

Hi all,

thanks for answering.

You all are right but I do not really need the codec because my phones
and my Voip lines are all working using g729. Asterisk is working fine
without transcoding as well.....the problem is my CLI is flooded with
messages like:
WARNING[7831] translate.c: No translator path from alaw to unknown
which are quite annoying...aren't they?
Should I pay to avoid a CLI message....? That doesn't sound fair to me.
I know I should report the problem but the "fake" codec seemed the
faster way.

Giorgio Incantalupo

<snip>
Why don't you just modify that piece of code to kill the warning? Are you
using a "canned" Asterisk (AsteriskNow/FreePBX/etc)?