[asterisk-users] Maximum E1 Ports on Asterisk ?

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Wed Dec 22 12:32:59 UTC 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Zoel Hairi -
Yahoo
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:50 AM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: [asterisk-users] Maximum E1 Ports on Asterisk ?

Hi All,

Just a little over thought. Sorry if someone already asked about this
before.

Is it possible to put all 16 Ports of E1 in One Asterisk Server ?

And if it's not possible is there any suggestion or alternative for me to
use more than 320 lines of outgoing calls on One Asterisk Server ?

Thanks

ZH

============================

The general answer is "Yes, maybe".  I suggest you look at the Xorcom.com
website for their load test data.  Using a well sized server with "best
practice" tweaks is important.

It appears that bigger is not always better.  For instance it seems to hurt
or at least give no benefit to use a quad core processor.  We just ran tests
that indicates

Xorcom's  "3000" model would handle 16 CAS T1s.

CAS T1s produce a very high interrupt rate.  PRI T1s don't cause nearly as
high rate.  The right choice of cache, motherboard, processor and "tweaks",
are essential.  You would be "leading the pack". I think.

.Cary Fitch