[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a caller ID

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Dec 22 02:07:18 UTC 2010

Cary Fitch wrote:
> In a 1.4.24 system, out of several lines, one of ours gets 1 or more random
> calls a day with "Asterisk" as the caller ID.

In my experience, it happens when the caller is blocking their CID.  I
have programming in place that assigns the named restricted and the
phone number of 0 if the caller-id is blank:

exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" = "" ]?2:3)
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(all)=Restricted <0>)

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: