[asterisk-users] Setting `userfield` from within a callfile

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 16:33:33 UTC 2010

Our current Asterisk 1.6.2.9 setup includes a CGI auto-dial application
(written by someone else before me)  which sets up calls by creating files of
the general form

Channel: SIP/$INSIDE_NUMBER
Context: $CONTEXT
Extension: $OUTSIDE_NUMBER
CallerId: $INSIDE_NUMBER

in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ .

It works very well.  However, it would be nice to be able to attach an
additional piece of information along with the call record  There is a
userfield in the SQL database, which is a VARCHAR(255) and would be plenty
for what we need.  Is there a way to set the userfield of the CDR database
from within such a callfile?

--
AJS