[asterisk-users] Specifying DID for outbound calls

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:53:55 UTC 2010

>> First, when using multiple accounts from the same DID provider, is it
>> ideal to use IP based routing using one context as I currently am or
>> have a separate contexts for each account in the sip.conf?
>
> That's really the only way to do it presently.

So I should have multiple incoming and outgoing contexts? Vitelity
will allow me to use IP routing or user/pass auth, the latter would
allow me to specify the outgoing context, this would also guarantee
the correct account is billed and not alone rely on caller-ID.

Thanks for being responsive, I do not work with Asterisk much,
actually I do not touch it unless I need to add more functionality
outside of regular patching so my fu is not strong in this area ;-)