[asterisk-users] Converting asterisk h264 recordings

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Dec 14 18:34:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Perhaps this would work for you?
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9005

+1

My guess is that mplayer/mencoder will fit the bill.

The 'hard part' will be figuring out the requirements of the media players
you want to support. If your consumers have access to mplayer or vlc, they
should be able to handle almost anything.

One little 'gotcha' is that there are bugs in some GPUs.

I run a MythTV frontend with an ION GPU and it crashes playing the TED
'podcasts' because the height & width are not multiples of 16! I have to
crop 1 pixel off each side. I use HandBrake because it makes better use of
the multiple cores on the MythTV backend.

--
Thanks in advance,