[asterisk-users] Asterisk + VOSP account working configuration?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Dec 14 17:19:48 UTC 2010

Gilles wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:56:14 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> PS: Here's what I'm thinking of using:
>>

> At this point, Asterisk seems to register OK with my VOSP, but when I
> call the number from my cellphone, I get this error:
>
> "NOTICE[88]: chan_sip.c:14033 handle_request_invite: Call from
> 'myvospaccount' to extension 's' rejected because extension not
> found."
>
> Incidently, how does Asterisk know how to link calls from the VOSP to
> an extension in the dialplan?
>
> Here's what I'm using:
>
> ;================ sip.conf
> [general]
> port = 5060
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
>
> ;deny=0.0.0.0/0
> ;permit=<IP address of VOSP server>
> externip=<my public IP address>
> localnet=192.168.0.0/24
> nat=yes
>
> ;all RTP packets go through Asterisk
> canreinvite=no
>
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> allow=gsm
>
> ;incoming calls from VOSP
> ;can't use "s" extension?
> context = vosp-incoming
> register => myvospaccount:mypasswd at myvosp.com
>
> ;================ extension.conf
> [general]
> static=yes
> writeprotect=yes
> clearglobalvars=no
> autofallthrough=yes
>
> [vosp-incoming]
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/6011)
> exten => s,n,Hangup
>
> Thank you.

You are setting up a SIP trunk from your VOSP provider(whatever VOSP
is). It dials your phone number. So whatever you dial from your cell
phone is the extension that this trunk should land at.

's' is not an extension. It's a placeholder for the steps in your dial plan.

For instance if my phone number with my provider is 815 555 1212, then I
need an extension 8155551212.

I would use:

[inbound]

exten => 8155551212,1,answer
exten => 81555551212,2,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)
exten => 8155551212,3,hangup

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.