[asterisk-users] Converting asterisk h264 recordings

klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 14 16:21:52 UTC 2010

Hi!

> What I now wonder is how to convert these into one file playable by a
> (standard) media player
> Torbjörn Abrahamsson
>
>> Perhaps this would work for you?
>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9005

This might be better but it won't be easy to obtain:
http://www.i6net.com/2006/08/24/ffasterisk-10-new-video-file-converter-released/

"This tool generate video contents for asterisk (to add video clips *.h263 for the asterisk
VoiceMail application for example, or create new video service for asterisk). The original file
format could be MOV QuickTime files.

It´s tested with the SIP Video Phones WengoPhone and Kapanga.
This product is now discontinued."

In general do take a look at the Wiki - and enhance it where you see fit:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+video

And do note that there is a dedicated asterisk-video mailing list!

Philipp

P.S.: I do remember a dedicated Video web page for Asterisk patches that included a
transcoding feature, but can't find it anymore - should be archived in the asterisk-video
mailing list.