[asterisk-users] Asterisk on smartphones ?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Dec 14 10:17:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, A J Stiles wrote:

> Does anyone know of a smartphone available in the UK, which is capable of
> running Asterisk and has Zaptel / DAHDI drivers available for its own
> telephony engine?

The Nokia N900 has an Asterisk port, but I've no idea if it can actually
drive the on-board GSM device. (which is what I presume you're after) It
would surprise me if it could, but you never know.

(I own an N900, but never tried the asterisk port as it's SIP clients work
really well for me via both 3G and Wi-Fi)

Gordon