[asterisk-users] Application to test STUN + broadband?

klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 13 17:35:03 UTC 2010

Hi!

> BTW, is Asterisk now STUN-capable, or is it still to map ports
> manually on the firewall to connect it to a VOSP trunk?

Until Asterisk 1.8 STUN support was faulty, and in 1.8 it has been corrected (?) and strongly
limited. Search the asterisk-dev mailing list archive for STUN and do the same in the Asterisk
bug tracker for more details. I think the essence was that in 1.8 STUN support will help to
discover the own dynamic IP address, but not anything beyond that.

Philipp