[asterisk-users] Why does "sip show peers" show my router/gateway address as the client IP address?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:27:28 UTC 2010

Hi Again,

Here is what I see which is wrong for Addr>IP and is fine for Reg. Contact
parameter - In fact both parameters should show the public IP address:

  DTMFmode     : rfc2833
  Timer T1     : 500
  Timer B      : 32000
  ToHost       :
  Addr->IP     : 192.168.0.1 Port 5060
  Defaddr->IP  : 0.0.0.0 Port 5060
  Prim.Transp. : UDP
  Allowed.Trsp : UDP
  Def. Username: 5555
  SIP Options  : (none)
  Codecs       : 0xe (gsm|ulaw|alaw)
  Codec Order  : (ulaw:20,alaw:20,gsm:20)
  Auto-Framing :  No
  100 on REG   : No
  Status       : OK (14 ms)
  Useragent    : Linksys/WRP400-1.01.00
  Reg. Contact : sip:5555 at 45.45.45.45:5060
  Qualify Freq : 60000 ms
  Sess-Timers  : Accept
  Sess-Refresh : uas
  Sess-Expires : 1800 secs