[asterisk-users] No more room in scheduler

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Sat Dec 11 15:35:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:40 AM, mahfoudh alfaqeeh
<abu_amjad2006 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dears:
>
> Really, later I faced problem in the asterisk system which is :
> Message is shown when the unique id which is generated with each caller
> reach
> 9000 and something:
>
> No more room in scheduler
> Asked to delete sched id
> .
> .
>
> after I restarted the server this message is not shown again till now
> (after 2 week)
> >>>
> My question:
> What is the reason of this error and how can I solve the problem
> permanently
>
> Please I need the help  as soon as possible.
> Your effort is appreciated>>>
> Thank So much..

Tell us your exact version asterisk.

Cut and paste the actual, exact messages you see. "No more room in
scheduler" doesn't show up in 1.6.2, or trunk.
Schedulers don't have any limits; the size of the uniqueid's don't either.

Try "core show threads",  "core show calls"   "sip show channels" "core show
taskprocessors"  from within asterisk's cli.

Try this outside asterisk:   "lsof -p <asterisk-pid> | wc"  (you may have to
install lsof via your package manager)

> --

Steve Murphy

ParseTree Corp.