[asterisk-users] Asterisk Exchange - a waste of money?

Sevana Oy sales at sevana.fi
Thu Dec 9 05:43:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

A couple of months ago we registered our product AQuA at Asterisk Exchange. We were told that it collects like 14K visitors per month and knowing interest to our product from Asterisk community we have calculated a certain super-mini-minimal % of visitors coming from Asterisk Exchange to our web site... Here comes the funny thing - there was no traffic increase since then, there were no referral visist from Asterisk Exchange... We are getting something a bit less than 100 product inquiries a month and NONE has ever mentioned that learnt about us from Asterisk Exchange...

My question is: have we just wasted $2500 for being listed there? Is Asterisk Exchange some kind of bubble? Unfortunately we never got response from the people who sold us this service :-)

Thanks and cheers,
Vallu
Sevana Oy