[asterisk-users] How to quickly move on to Dahdi channels when SIP provider fails?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:45:33 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

There are situations when internet connection is lost, SIP provider fails,
or even authentication to SIP provider fails, and we want to use the backup
Dahdi channels (PSTN). As simple as it may sound but with the
many different situations and error messages it seems like it's not so easy
to predict all the errors. Is there any single parameter value that can be
changed to send the call to Dahdi instead of SIP in-case for any reason the
SIP provider fails? Because I see a server with this need waits for long
time for DNS to resolve when there is no internet even.

Thanks