[asterisk-users] Snom (vs Polycom) - provisioning

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 16:19:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 09:43 -0500, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I`m not actually asking for a comparaison between the two, I have one
> on hand and will make up my own mind.  But I can’t find much info on
> whether the Snom (370 to be exact) accepts FTP provisioning like the
> Polycom (but few others) do.
>

> Any Snom user can answer this one for me?
>

> Mike

AFAIK you can't use FTP for mass deployment purposes on Snom phones and
is backed up by this link

http://wiki.snom.com/Features/Mass_Deployment/Setting_Server

The HTTP provisioning does seem quite nifty though, I've looked into it
but not yet had the nod to actually develop a provisioning server but it
does seem pretty straight forward.

--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer