[asterisk-users] [3102] How to rewrite CID name + number?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Dec 6 19:03:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:15:34 -0600, "Danny Nicholas"
<danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
>Here how I changed my information calling an xlite client from a polycom
>501.
>Sipuser = xlite
>144 = polycom
>Exten => 145,1,set(CALLERID(num)=5551212)
>Exten => 145,n,set(CALLERID(name)=JOES POOL HALL)
>Exten => 145,n,Dial(SIP/sipuser,20,m)

Thanks Danny, but what I need, is to get the real caller ID as sent by
the telco and available in the Linksys. By default, Asterisk send the
Linksys name and extension instead of the original caller ID.

I'm using 1.4.4, but don't see anything displayed while in the console
and calling into the 3102:

====
exten => 6011,1,NoOp(${CALLERID(all)})
exten => 6011,n,Dial(SIP/6011)
====

Any idea why Asterisk shows nothing, and how to retrieve the original
CID information?

Thank you.