[asterisk-users] Linkedid member in Channel structure on 1.8

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Dec 6 17:59:25 UTC 2010

On Monday 06 December 2010 04:45:48 Nikhil wrote:
>      I have seen linkedid member in channel structure on 1.8,Actually I
> am using 1.6 version, this variable is not there in 1.6 and also I cant
> upgrate to 1.8 due to some reason.I wanted to add linked id variable in
> "channel structure" in 1.6 and need to use is CDR as same as in
> 1.8(means copy paste the logic).Does this works or I need to do anything
> else.waiting for reply to start change the code.

The changes required to support this correctly are complex and require a great
deal of testing.  While you might be able to get this to work for simple
calls, I doubt it would work at all when it comes to call parking, transfers,
and various other scenarios.  Your best bet is to figure out exactly what
issue is blocking you from upgrading to 1.8 and work to get that resolved.

--
Tilghman Lesher