[asterisk-users] Issue with MOH - Asterisk 1.4.17

Napoleón Ernesto López Espinoza napoleon.lopez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 20:58:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm currently working with Asterisk 1.4.17 under ubuntu server 8.04.2.
MOH stopped working suddenly a few days ago with no apparent reason. I
already checked the wiki and tried different things. I already verified the
following items from the wiki:

1. Make sure your asterisk user has read access to the files/folder
2. Set your moh conf up as mentioned above
3. Go into asterisk -r and do 'reload res_musiconhold.so' and a 'moh reload'

4. Then do 'moh classes show' and ensure your classes took correctly
5. Then do 'moh files show' and ensure your files are set correctly for each
class
6. Finally, call your pbx and check that moh is working, or you'll get
hangups everytime!

This is what I have in moh show classes

Class: default
        Mode: files
        Directory: /var/lib/asterisk/moh
        Use Count: 0
I'm using wav files instead of mp3s.
Everything seems to be ok, however, when i dial the phone number assigned to
MOH I get the following reply: "We're sorry, your call did not go through."

Any clues about this issue?

regards,

Napoleon Lopez