[asterisk-users] What are the minimal permissions required to read the PeerStatus and Registry events?

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri Dec 3 20:15:15 UTC 2010

A problem that I have always had with AMI events is that they are not controllable at a very fine level. As an example, turning on call class gives WAY more that one might always want. I had posted a patch some time ago that added a new class. The patch was rejected with a comment that some work would be undertaken for 1.8 that would allow finer control. As I am using the ABE version of asterisk I have not looked at 1.8 to see if anything has been done.

It would be very useful if there was more control over which events one sees. As I recall all the events have a name and if one could somehow say I want to see events with names x,y,z and forget the whole class mess. That way if you want to see some specific events but not others you could get what you want.

I know this does not answer you question but I for sure feel your pain.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC