[asterisk-users] DAHDI on VMWARE

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Dec 3 08:56:51 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Tryba
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 8:51 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] DAHDI on VMWARE

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:03:19PM -0600, Danny Nicholas wrote:
>             We are moving our computers from a cluster of physical
machines
> to a VMWARE server with virtual machines.  We investigated and are looking
> to replace our TDM400P/TDM410P with AEX410P cards.  Can we run asterisk
with
> the DAHDI drivers from one of the Virtual machines or is DAHDI going to
have
> to be a native process on the "REAL" machine?

Not an answer to your question, but why not externalize the telephony
interface with a SIP converter (like Patton SmartNodes or whatever you
trust (e.g. Positron sells PCI cards that should do the trick if you want
something "internal")).

   Daniel Tryba

A reasonable question.  I am presently communicating with this box using a
SIP trunk;  We just want to be able to use Copper for those occasions when
our Internet provider is down.