[asterisk-users] Sharing Fail2ban data

Darren Wiebe darren at aleph-com.net
Fri Dec 3 05:34:11 UTC 2010

Good Day,

I've been doing a little work that I wanted to share.  We've had a
number of Asterisk systems that have been under heavier than normal
attack.  We use fail2ban but we either have to let each system be
exposed or keep all the data synchronized which is a bit of a chore.  I
wrote a little server that assists in keeping data synchronized across
sites.  If you're interested in using it to assist in managing your own
fail2ban sharing list I'll gladly share it.  I also am offering it as a
free service for those who are interested in contributing to a
blacklist.  If you're interested the information is available here:
http://fail2ban.aleph-com.net/fail2ban_sharing  If you're interested in
the server code just drop me an email.

Darren Wiebe
darren at aleph-com.net