[asterisk-users] Asterisk error - 1.6.2 SVN - voicemail files "corrupted"

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Thu Dec 2 20:50:11 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Mike <list at net-wall.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I am using SVN,  but I was wondering if anybody ever came across this
> error.

There is nothing wrong with using SVN.

> Well, there isn’t a msg0000.txt file, I can see that.  There is a
> msg0003.txt and msg0005.txt (along with the appropriate wav files). Looking
> into the directory, all files seem there.  Except the sequence doesn’t start
> at 0000.
>
> 1)      How do I fix this? I don’t mind manually fixing it when it happens,
> but what’s wrong exactly?

I have seen this once on a 1.6.2 system a while back.  I just renamed
the TXT and audio files to be sequencial numbers starting at 0000 and
everything worked again.  Asterisk assumes the voicemail message files
are named that way, and it errors out if that is not the case.

-Jonathan