[asterisk-users] Asterisk ports

Gary Kuznitz docfxit at theoffice.la
Thu Dec 2 18:26:56 CST 2010

Thanks for the reply.

On 2 Dec 2010 at 15:57, Steve (Steve Edwards <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>)
commented about Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk ports:

> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Steve Edwards wrote:
>
> >> What does 'sip show settings' show? The first 2 settings (1.6.2.5) should
> >> be:
> >>
> >>    UDP SIP Port:           5060
> >>    UDP Bindaddress:        0.0.0.0
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Gary Kuznitz  wrote:
>
> > In sip.conf bindport = 5060
> >
> > 'Sip show settings' doesn't work in 1.4.22
>
> I don't have access to a '1.4' instance right now, but 'sip show settings'
> works in 1.2 and 1.6 so I'm guessing it should work in 1.4 as well.
>
> You may have an error that prevents the SIP channel driver from loading.
> What do you get with 'unload chan_sip.so' followed by 'load chan_sip.so'?

You get extra points today.  I think you found where the problem is.
It found /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
Warning parse error: No category context for line 1 of /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
Unable to load config sip.conf.

This is what is in sip.conf.
[authentication]

[general]