[asterisk-users] DAHDI on VMWARE

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Dec 2 16:19:49 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jason Parker
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:27 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] DAHDI on VMWARE

On 12/02/2010 02:03 PM, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> We are moving our computers from a cluster of physical machines to a
VMWARE
> server with virtual machines. We investigated and are looking to replace
our
> TDM400P/TDM410P with AEX410P cards. Can we run asterisk with the DAHDI
drivers
> from one of the Virtual machines or is DAHDI going to have to be a native
> process on the "REAL" machine?
>
> Thanks
>
> Danny Nicholas

VMware has no type of "PCI-passthrough" feature that I'm aware of.  There
are
virtualization environments that do, but the added overhead is going to make

things extremely unreliable.

This is the "odd" thing - the vmware machine "sees" the card
(dahdi_hardware) but can't seem to properly load via modprobe (conflicts on
IRQ 16 (13?)