[asterisk-users] Dahdi 2.4.0 and unplugged spans

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Dec 1 11:00:52 CST 2010

On 12/01/2010 09:56 AM, Olivier wrote:

> I'm facing an issue with which loading wctdm24xxp module fails.
>
> Here is relevant dmesg's output :

> [   33.527942] wctdm24xxp 0000:01:0b.0: Timeout waiting for receive frame.
> [   33.527995] wctdm24xxp 0000:01:0b.0: The firmware may be corrupted.
> Please completely power off your system, power on, and then reload th
> e driver with the 'forceload' module parameter set to 1 to attempt recovery.
> [   33.544741] ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:01:0b.0 disabled
> [   33.544757] wctdm24xxp: probe of 0000:01:0b.0 failed with error -5

The essential thing here is that your Hx8 board doesn't appear to be
responding.  I've seen certain systems where revision 9397 [1] works
around cases like what you're seeing.  If that doesn't help your best
bet is to contact Digium technical support for help with troubleshooting.

[1] http://svn.asterisk.org/view/dahdi?view=revision&revision=9397

> To narrow my research scope, I'm wondering if the followin sentence is
> true :
> "if you load a dahdi module with a modprobe command (like modprobe
> wctdm24xxp) disconnect any cable of any kind connected to the
> corresponding PCI board, should this command succeed or fail"
>
> In other words, do you need to connect board to a public network when
> configuring it ?

No, the current alarm state of any ports doesn't matter when you
configure the board.  The configuration of modules on a given Hx8
basecard will not affect whether the driver is able to load or not.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ruffell