[asterisk-users] Is existing CDR in Asterisk is enough for complete billing

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Dec 1 09:17:01 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Sherwood McGowan <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Nikhil <d.nikhil at cem-solutions.net> wrote:
> > anyone have a idea on this..
> >
> > On 11/22/2010 10:50 AM, Nikhil wrote:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>     I am facing lots for problem with CDRs in 1.6 and above
> >> versions,its shows wrong records when I do transfer(caller side and
> >> calee side),callforward,call parking.Is the present CDRs in 1.6 is
> >> enough for Complete billing.?What I need to do to make it
> >> proper.Please help me on this.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Nikhil
> >

> I can tell you that back in 2005 I set up a complete
> residential/business VOIP ITSP that was using just the Asterisk CDRs
> to track billing. As long as you setup your billing, I see now reason
> wh

Oh, and by the way, Sherwood is correct; you can ignore everything I wrote
previously, IF you
don't do call transfers, and you don't park calls.

And even if you do a small amount of that, as long as no one forwards an
incoming call to some international destination, you'll probably be OK with
CDR's. If you don't mind losing a little chunk of the conversation here or
there,
the current CDR's should be sufficient for you, and you don't have to go
thru
any bother.

Just keep in mind that clever people can/will take advantage of the fact
that everything after an incoming call is transferred is lost to billing (as
an example).

murf

Steve Murphy

ParseTree Corp.