[asterisk-users] Asterisk with MySQL Cluster

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed Dec 1 01:30:35 CST 2010

Am 01.12.10 05:10, schrieb Duane Larson:
> For me OpenSIPS will do most of the work.  Asterisk will only handle Hunt
> Groups/Queues, IVRs, and Voicemail when OpenSIPS forwards that traffic to
> Asterisk.  And since I already have MySQL Cluster working in a redundant
> fashion I am not sure I want to try out MMM MySQL.  I do like the idea of
> using DNS with hosts file and monitoring the MySQL service on the remote
> machine and if the service goes down then rewrite the IP in the hosts file.
> I will have to test that out.
>
> If anyone else has any experience I would love to add that to this thread.
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Singer X.J. Wang <wang at pythian.com> wrote:

You could also try using a Mysql Proxy on your local machine. The proxy
should handle the connection to the servers and you have just a service
on your machine. If this service is unreachable you will loose again,
but the chance is even smaller and you have automagic fallbacks.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-proxy/

best regards

Stefan