[asterisk-users] Logging the CID from the Privacy Manager

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Tue Aug 31 18:27:46 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

My v1.6 Asterisk system logs all Call Detail Records to a PostgreSQL
database, including those handled by the Privacy Manager.
Unfortunately, even though I can use the CLI to see the information
being submitted by anonymous callers to satisfy the demands of the the
Privacy Manager, that information is not recorded in the database.
Instead, all that is written to it:

    clid:   "Privacy Manager" <anonymous>
    src:    anonymous

Can the number submitted to the Privacy Manager somehow be recorded in
the database, instead of "anonymous"?

Thanks,

Jaap

PS -- Currently, the configuration I'm using in the dialplan for the
Privacy Manager looks like this:

exten => jw,1,Verbose(    -- CID is <${CALLERID(num)}>)
exten => jw,n,GotoIf($[${CALLERID(num)}=anonymous]?true:false)
exten => jw,n(true),Set(CALLERID(num)=)
exten => jw,n(false),NoOp()
exten => jw,n,Verbose(    -- CID is <${CALLERID(num)}>)
exten => jw,n,PrivacyManager(3,10)
exten => jw,n,GotoIf($[${PRIVACYMGRSTATUS}=FAILED]?bad)
exten => jw,n,Verbose(    -- CID is <${CALLERID(num)}>)
exten => jw,n,Dial(SIP/1000,60,w)
exten => jw,n(bad),Playback(im-sorry)
exten => jw,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => jw,n,Hangup()