[asterisk-users] Voicemail prompts fuzzy and quiet

Peder peder at networkoblivion.com
Mon Aug 30 15:43:19 CDT 2010

Strange issue that I can't figure out and I am hoping someone may have some
ideas.  Two Asterisk boxes running 1.2.34 (yeah I know it is old, but it
runs like a top and I am not going to mess with it).  *B rsyncs config from
*A.  *A dies.  I bring up *B and it all works fine, except for one issue.
Calls to voicemail are garbled and low.  Phone to phone and phone to gateway
work perfect.  If I get voicemail emailed to me, it sounds perfect.  If I
call into voicemail, the prompts and the message are garbled.  There is no
packet loss or any issues like that as all other calls sounds fine.  The
only issue is calls to voicemail from what I can tell.  We have thousands of
calls a day, so I am quite sure I would have heard if there were other
issues.  Any ideas?  My first guess would be timing, but it isn't stuttery
or anything, it is just kind of fuzzy and quiet and I can't imagine timing
would affect that.

Peder