[asterisk-users] Asterisk does not translate from wav to alaw

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sat Aug 28 10:52:00 CDT 2010

On Saturday 28 August 2010 10:35:59 Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> Thanks for sharing I appericate your insight as this is something I run up
> against as well.
> What about g729 we use this coded a lot what is the best method to
> transcode it it?

If you load "res_convert.so", you will have a CLI command "file convert ...".
Usage: file convert <file_in> <file_out>
       Convert from file_in to file_out. If an absolute path
       is not given, the default Asterisk sounds directory
       will be used.

       Example:
           file convert tt-weasels.gsm tt-weasels.ulaw

--
Tilghman Lesher