[asterisk-users] $250 Asterisk app install bounty

Troy Davis troy at yort.com
Sat Aug 28 10:32:31 CDT 2010

Hi all,

We're trying to make voice and SMS apps easier and more common.  We solved
one part of the problem with pay-as-you-go cloud-scale Asterisk hosting, and
now we're trying to make the app setup easier.  With a few exceptions, setup
docs are too rare, and they depend on knowing too much about Asterisk.  That
complexity deters businesses from integrating phone calls into their
products.

So we just put up $250 bounties for writing simple setup docs for some
Asterisk apps: Web-MeetMe, BigBlueButton, MonAst, AsterCRM, Queue-Tip, Flash
Operator Panel, and Asterisk PHP Event Monitor.

Basically, install one of these apps interoperating with Asterisk on
Cloudvox, document what you did so others can do it too, get $250.  Here's
details:

http://blog.cloudvox.com/post/1022356872/install-an-open-source-asterisk-phone-app-get-250
  http://twitter.com/cloudvox/status/22312112543

Our goal is to make these apps deployable without needing to know much about
voice infrastructure, and hopefully that will encourage others to add phone
calls, SMS, and video to their services.

Cheers,

Troy