[asterisk-users] ASterisk CDR file Master.csv

Dean Hoover dhoover at centonline.com
Fri Aug 27 12:03:27 CDT 2010

On 8/27/2010 11:55 AM, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> *From:* asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
> [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] *On Behalf Of *Tim Nelson
> *Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] ASterisk CDR file Master.csv
>
> ----- "Ujjval Karihaloo" <ujjval at simplesignal.com> wrote:
>>

>>How can we set the CDR Master file to rollover at say 30 Meg and create
> a new one
>
> Use 'logrotate'.
>
> --Tim
>
> To “improve” on your answer, set up a shell to check the size of CDR
> master and do a logrotate (/usr/sbin/asterisk –rx “logger rotate”) when
> the condition is met. GIYF on this one.

I use logrotate to help with the files in /var/log/asterisk, but it does
nothing with Master.csv.  I am working on a script described earlier
that if the file gets larger than a certain number of lines to move them
off to another file and compress for space.

If that is something anyone else is interested in, let me know and I'll
post it when it's working.

--
Dean Hoover
Milwaukee, Wisconsin