[asterisk-users] TELUS British Columbia PRI Settings

Jeremy.Hellstrom at synovate.com Jeremy.Hellstrom at synovate.com
Fri Aug 27 11:46:33 CDT 2010

I am having some difficulties getting my Asterisk box to find the d-channel from a TELUS PRI and am waiting to hear back from one of their techs.  In the meantime I thought I would check with the brilliant people of the mailing list.

As I understand it is a T1 connection, not an E1 and I am using a Digium TE121 with hardware echo cancellation.  I have green lights on the back of the card and the PRI connection, which go red when I do a dahdi restart command and come back to green once it is finished.

I know from our other system that the frame and coding are ESF and B8ZS so it must be something in the signaling of the channels.  My chan_dadhdi is below, the commented out lines are ones I have tried.  I’ve also tried moving the dchannel  around, 12 through 24.  Does anyone see anything blatantly wrong?

Thanks, Jeremy

chan_dahdi.conf

[trunkgroups]

trunkgroup => 1,24

spanmap => 1,1,0,esf,b8zs

[channels]

#include /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf

;signalling => em

;signalling => pri_net

signalling => pri_cpe

;context=default