[asterisk-users] AEL - what is error: ael.flex:647 ael_yylex:Unhandled char(s):

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:28:52 CDT 2010

Actually I have found the problem, and leanred some new stuff along with it.

Apparently all Linux files have a mime type information stored in them,
which can be checked using command:

file -i <filename>

For my extensions.ael, which I copied from a different server, the mime type
is 'text/x-c' whereas all the other files have mime type 'text/plain'. Now
if I create a new file extemsions.maelstrom on this machine which is by
default 'text/plain', there are no errors on doing 'ael reload', however
using extensions.maelstrom with mime type 'text/x-c' gives errors, though
the code works fine.

How it got mime type 'text/x-c' on the other machine, Vim which I use there
assigned it this mime type. I'll have to fix it there.

Now I am trying to figure out how to convert between mime types. A simpler
solution is to just copy text to a new file, but would be nice to do a
proper conversion.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com