[asterisk-users] Include and Realtime

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 03:22:12 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 18:53 -0400, Dan Journo wrote:
> > Is your main concern changes being made to the extensions.conf or
> > someone having to manually make changes to the extensions.conf?
>
> Someone having to manually change extensions.conf and then reload asterisk.

If you are allowing a secretary to create new clients/users I assume you
have created an interface for him/her.

Can you not add a routine to the client/user addition process that
rewrites your extensions.conf dynamically from the contents of the
context column in the extensions table and then trigger a dialplan
reload. It would require no human intervention other than the initial
client/user addition.

This is pretty much how I have done it to allow includes in my
extensions.conf
--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer