[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.1 Won't Play Default ULAW Files

Randall Degges rdegges at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 03:18:02 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update. After a lot of testing, it turns out
that my problem was that I didn't have `format_pcm.so` loaded in
modules.conf.

I was unaware that `format_pcm.so` handled ULAW audio files. I guess when I
was looking for unnecessary modules, it stood out as unnecessary, as I was
looking for stuff with 'ulaw' in the name.

Anyhow, thanks for all of your help. Maybe this will be of use to someone
else in the future.

-Randall

--
Randall Degges