[asterisk-users] Should I move to 1.6 or 1.8, or stay with 1.4?

Bruce Komito brucek at wpti.net
Tue Aug 24 09:38:38 CDT 2010

We now run VMWare ESXi 4.0 on HP Proliant DL360 G5 and have not had any issues.   A couple of years ago, we tried OpenVZ, but did not have good results.  Don't ask to me explain what the problem was, because that was the problem...we couldn't figure it out.  It was just unexplained erratic Asterisk behavior that we did not experience on dedicated hardware.  And, we were not using any PRI or other boards...just plain old SIP and IAX.  It could have been OpenVZ or it could have been something we did, but the result was the same.