[asterisk-users] How to debug this specific issue?

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Tue Aug 24 02:07:41 CDT 2010

Steve Davies schrieb:
> On 23 August 2010 18:32, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>> have you allready tried strace ?
>> you could just easily start asterisk with this command:
>>
>> strace asterisk -vvvvdddd
>>

> Yes, I tried this. Output just stops along with everything else and
> there are no clues.

if you know in which function this happens you could also patch some
ast_verbose rows into this function to see where it happens.

another thing you could try is using gprof to see which functions waste
much time. for this you need to compile asterisk like this:
make ASTCFLAGS="-pg" ASTLDFLAGS="-pg"
make install

after this you will see a gmon.out file in the directory from where you
have started asterisk (your home) and then you could use gprof with this
gmon.out file.

maybe you will find something with this.
> The whole system is locked. I cannot run anything :(
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

best regards

steve