[asterisk-users] Opensource Speech recognition for Asterisk

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Sun Aug 22 00:46:07 CDT 2010

  On 8/21/2010 6:09 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Then may be these big multi-billion dollar corporations should use one
> of them, with whom we all deal regarding various services, and who put
> us through these voice recognition time-wasting activity in a hope
> that the poor caller will eventually give up, or will wait painfully
> long until one of their agent will get time to attend call in person.
>
> Your experience could be different and better then most, and you have
> certainly complete right of your own opinion.
>
> Zeeshan A Zakaria
>
> --
> www.ilovetovoip.com <http://www.ilovetovoip.com>
>
>> On 2010-08-21 6:57 PM, "Paul Belanger" <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
>> <mailto:paul.belanger at polybeacon.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com
>> <mailto:zishanov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > I yet have to see ANY...
>>
>> I disagree, while not Open Source like the OP requested, both Nuance
>> and Microsoft Speech Server are nothing to laugh at.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Belanger | dCAP
>> Polybeacon | Consultant
>> Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
>> <mailto:paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)
>> blog.polybeacon.com <http://blog.polybeacon.com>
>>
>> --

>> -- Bandwidth and Colocation Pr...

Zeeshan,

     You have to figure, Speech is a complex thing. I work at a company
that sells ASR system outsourcing, and from using the products, with my
run of the mill accent-less American language use, I haven't seen much
of a problem, compared to other systems. It is very hard to make a
computer understand long and short vowel and consonant sounds as being
the same work as the ones said within the parameters of their
dictionaries. It is very difficult to develop these especially in
languages that the developers are not fluent in. As a side note, most of
the BIG multimillion dollar companies outsource their call center
functionality.

As for our poster, it depends on how much time you want to dedicate to a
dictionary set for recognition. If you are willing to spend a bit
though, Nuance, and Holly Connect are good products, as well as the
mentioned (in another post) Lumenvox.

~Seann