[asterisk-users] billsec exceeds duration on some calls

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 12:24:03 CDT 2010

On Wednesday 11 Aug 2010, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2010 03:59:28 A J Stiles wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with Asterisk 1.6.2.9 with the MySQL cdr addon.
> >
> > With some calls, the value in the `billsec` field in the CDR is exceeding
> > the value in the `duration` field.
>
> I'd love to know what circumstance caused that.  I agree that this should
> not occur.

I've done some more digging about.  I was getting calls in the monitor folder
where the outgoing and incoming halves were different lengths; so I
temporarily disabled removing them after combining them into a single file,
and let them build up for a few days.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between this phenomenon and
billsec being > duration, though.

Can anyone else with a similar setup try running a query such as
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cdr WHERE calldate LIKE "2010-08-20%" AND
billsec>duration ;
and seeing if they have any calls like this?

--
AJS